Sunday 16 October 2011

A Walk Around Mercia Marina

Remember : click an image to see a larger view


On the 2nd of October 2011 I decided to take a walk around the Mercia Marina near Willington in Derby. 

The marina is a photographers paradise with lots of different boats from narrow-boats to cruisers. Each boat has its own personality with boat owners painting and decorating their boats in their own unique way.

Rather than cart my entire bag of gear around I decided just to take my Tamron 17-55 and my new Nikon 55-300mm along with my Lowepro lens exchange bag which is one of the most useful bags I own.



The light was really strong especially with the reflections from the water so I also took a Cokin ND4 Graduated filter so that I could slow the light down if I needed to.

I spent a couple of hours wondering around the marina. A sample of the shots I took are below. As usual all of the shots I took are in my Photoshop.com gallery, a link to which can be found on the gallery page of this blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment