Thursday 15 March 2012

Out Of Bounds Effect (Gavin Hoey Technique)

Hi All,

Back in May last year (2011) I visited the World Superbike Championship at Oulton Park in Cheshire. Whilst I was there I took the opportunity to take a lot of photographs. On the whole they came out really well and I was very satisfied with the results.There was one particular photograph (below) that I really liked but for some reason it lacked punch. 


Original Image
As with all of these sorts of images I put this one on the hard drive and forgot about it. Then on evening I was looking through various tutorials on the internet when I came across an Out Of Bounds Technique devised and presented by Gavin Hoey. The tutorial was on YouTube and it can be found on the link at the end of this post. 

I won't go into the details of how this effect is done as Gavin explains it better than I ever could. The reason why I'm posting this is because if I can make this effect work then anyone can and I encourage you to give it a go. Follow the steps in the tutorial and you can't go wrong. This was my first attempt at this but it won't be my last. It's just a case of finding a suitable image. 


Final Image

The YouTube tutorial by Gavin Hoey can be found here LINK 


My thanks to Gavin for another wonderful tutorial. 



No comments:

Post a Comment