Friday 28 September 2012

The Old Windmill

I recently took a stroll around Staunton Harold reservoir near Melbourne in Derbyshire. Just off the main car park there is an old windmill that no longer has any sails. It stands proudly looking over the reservoir. It probably gets photographed by virtually everyone that visits the area and I was no exception.

I was a glorious sunny day and I took the image below.


When I got it home and on to the computer I really liked the look of it but for some reason it seemed to lack a bit of punch so I started to mess around with it in Photoshop. Eventually I realised that it really lent itself to a black and white conversion. I exported it into Silver EFEX Pro and started to go through the various filters, I settled on the basic setting with an orange filter. I went back into Photoshop and remove the foliage on the left and the result  is the image below which I hope you'll agree is an altogether more pleasing image.


See you next time .......

No comments:

Post a Comment