Saturday 16 February 2013

Wedding Photo using the Nikon CLS System

Hi All,

Apologies for the long delay since my last post. Sadly I've been pretty busy at work and just haven't had time to post for a while. Hopefully all that will change now and I intend to get a few more posts out during the year.

So on to this post... In September last year I was asked to photograph my Nephew's wedding. The venue had a really nice staircase extending to some unused rooms above the main hall. I wanted to take a photograph that was a little different to the normal sorts of wedding pictures. The couple had decided to have THREE Best Men in attendance so I decided to try to capture the Bride and Groom and the three Best Men in one shot. 

I'd already taken some shots of the happy couple on the stairs using a single flash so I thought I'd take the opportunity to get the Best Men in to the picture. 

I stood the couple on the stairs just below my shooting position and asked the Best Men to stand in the door way near a string of party balloons. 

I set the Nikon SB-910 on my D300S to commander mode in iTTL. I then set my Nikon SB600 in remote mode also set at iTTL. I set the SB600 remote strobe on the top of a lighting stand and asked my daughter Becki to stand to the right of the Best Men with the light pointing towards them as shown in this diagram.





With everything set I took a couple of test exposures to make sure that everything was in the right place and illuminated correctly. Once I was happy I took the final shot seen below. I was pretty happy with the result and it captures the feeling of the day really well.




My thanks to Katrina and Duncan for letting me use this shot on my blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment