Sunday 24 March 2013

Icy Day

Hi All,

I don't know what it's been like where you are but here in Derby it'd been pretty cold for the last few days. Yesterday (Saturday) we had a lot of snow and that continued into today. On Saturday evening the temperature dropped down below zero causing ice to form then the snow came again on top of the ice. It was bitterly cold in the wind but the weird weather did have some interesting side effects. The excess water caused by the snow melted slightly before re-freezing causing some interesting icicles to form. 

Whilst I was sat having a lazy Sunday afternoon I happened to notice that icicles had formed on the Red Robin tree outside my front window. I couldn't resist grabbing the camera and snapping a few shots. 

I took these very quickly using my 50mm Sigma Macro lens on ISO 100. 

They're not too bad for quick snaps !!








No comments:

Post a Comment